In honor of the month of love we at SFWG are happy to announce our first Romance Competition!
- Entries have a limit of 17,500 words. Stories beyond that will not be considered.
- Stories may be previously published.
- The genre is restricted to any romance subgenre. Pure erotica will not be accepted. Erotic romance IS accepted so long as the romance is the central plot.
- Entries will be accepted beginning on January 21, 2013.
- Entry Deadline: February 18, 2013.
- All submissions should be sent as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SFWG Contest” as the subject.
We will announce the winners by March 1, 2013.
First Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog, announced on various forums and websites, included in a future Anthology (with your approval), given an SFWG logo and winner image that can be used on your book cover, and receive 10,000 words of free content editing from Purity Jones Editing Services. Content editing is complete and extensive editing examining grammitical errors, facts, and plot structure.
Second Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog and announced on various forums and websites.
Third Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog and announced on various forums and websites.